Monday, May 17, 2010

A Modern Day Psalm!

Keep me safe O' God
from those I thought would!
Keep me grounded in You
as the Earth below me shakes.
Keep me stable, as the ones
around me, aren't.
Keep me and hide me in Your
Word and heart--
Call my name and I will come to You.
Keep me as a light, as there
is darkness all around--
hold me
sanctify me to You
beckon me
save me
Keep me safe as I have
been in danger--
Show me who I really am-
Who You created, not who I think I am!
Send forth Your Spirit
so I can live in and through Your Almighty power,
and by Your beautiful grace
and Your wonderful mercy!
You are all there is to hope for,
seek after,
hunger and thirst for in this life.
Help me not to make idols out of things
or people around me. You are the quencher,
the satisfier, the peace holder.
In You I trust no matter what! My eyes and ears are open to You Lord!
I know You are with me and will not leave me.
I am Yours! I am confident of Your love,
I am planted in Your Truth.
Keep it near as it is shoes to my feet,
food to my stomach
and relief to my pain!
Keep Your eye on me--
clear me a path that leads to YOUR ways--I am desperate for it.
Along the way, rid my mind, soul and body of all that is not Yours--
All that does not belong in my life, take everything I've picked up along the way
that doesn't align with You, grab all that is not what You created!
Get me down to bare bones if You must!
I am willing--
I am ready
no matter the cost,
because who You are and what You did is costly,
even though it is freely given.
Take the things I might not even see yet,
I don't want to claim anything that doesn't belong to ME,
or anything You didn't GIVE me--I know and believe that is not
who I really am-
make me who I truly am.
Only all that is YOU--keep that.
I praise Your name high and low-
and thank you for my freedom!
May glory be Yours throughout my days,
and may honor be given through out my weeks to You--
the Only One--forever and ever! I praise Your heavenly name!
AMEN!

0 comments: