Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Where You're At

With all I've been going through with my health, one of the toughest things for me has been guilt. And trouble accepting where I'm at in this time in my life.

We all are at different places, and go through a variety of things. I know when I'm where I really would rather not be, whether it's my health, or trouble in a relationship-I get thrown off. I would prefer to not be there. I would rather not be going through it. When we go through difficult times we go through a lot of emotions and mood swings. But if you are seeking God during that time and are praying and asking Him to be with you, He will be.

He will accept you where you are at. Like for me, I have felt like I'm of no use during my recovery, like I'm a "loser". That is not God's Truth at all. But for me, it's hard to not be out in the field for Christ! I feel like I'm not making a difference. But if I stay in His presence, it changes things. I remember- and then I know He's there. He knows what I'm going through. He is with me where I'm at. He understands where I'm at. He'll work through where I'm at. God accepts me where I'm at, but I have trouble accepting that!

For my husband, he struggles with doubt. So he may not be living out the Word like he ought to. But God is with him where he's at. As long as my Husband keeps God near, and seeks Him, God will be there. As long as He moves toward God, God is there. He understands. But see where my husbands at, is OK. But God expects and wants us to mooooooove. Don't lose sight of Him even though you are in a funk! But at the same time, be OK with where you're at, because God is. And trust that one way or another, He'll bring you through. It might not be our way, or the way we want, but He will.

So if you are going through doubts, health issues, relationship burdens, or a depression, the loss of a job-He understands and is there, right where you're at. Don't be hard on yourself if things don't feel "perfect", or right with what you're going through. They don't have to be for you to have a purpose, or for God to use you.
I may be laying here recovering, but I can still praise God! And that alone is full of purpose!

0 comments: