Sunday, February 03, 2008

Go and Glorify

Glory, glorified
1.Something that is a source of honor, fame or admiration
2.adoring praise or worshipful thanksgiving: Give Glory to God
3.very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed
4.the cause to be or treat as being more splendid, excellent, etc., than would normally be considered
5.to make glorious


It took me a long time to understand what that meant. It bugged me actually, not just before I was a Christian and I'd hear people say it, but even after. I don't know why. I know I can't get irritated easily with people for certain things, so maybe it was a judgmental type frustration. It just annoyed me.

Once I became a new person in Christ, and became more well read in His Word, it started to click with me more and more. I was at the point where it didn't bother me anymore, but I still wasn't living day to day with that mind set. Until now.

As you know already I LOVE the new David Crowder Album. Well, he has a song titled ' The Glory of It All'. That has been what hit me with it.
The way I see it is this. Each day as we struggle back and forth with Spirit and our flesh-a good mental picture of bringing God glory in all we do would be this:

Is the lie you're about to tell glorify God?
Is what you are about to eat glorify God?
Is the movie you are about to watch glorify God?
Is the music you are about to listen to glorify God?
Is what's coming out of your mouth next about to glorify God?
Are your priorities glorifying God?
What about your thoughts?
What about your actions and choices?
What about your marriage?
What about your friendships?
What about the way you talk with co-workers? What about what you THINK of co-workers?

I could go on and on. This has been such a good reminder and visual for me if I am about to be rude, or short with someone. Or if I am about to saying something I REALLY FEEL like saying (if you know what I mean). It helps keep my emotions in check-and to look at my fruit to see if it looks like Calvary. We won't be perfect, and we need Christ to survive in all we do. We must not separate. He is the Vine, WE are the branches. What is a branch good for if it isn't with the vine? It lays there on the ground-alone-dried up, with no life attached to it. We have to meet God everyday if not every hour-and keep before Him, His ways, and choose His will-that is what will glorify Him. Will it honor Him? Make Him happy? Make Him smile? Please Him?

I bet as you go day to day you'll be able to figure it out-I know I'm still trying too, but with Him by my side-and a continual heart surrender, and seeking-I know I can do it with Him, and He can change me!

NOTE*God being glorified and giving Him the Glory is a lot more complicated too theologically than I wrote about here. Like the whole reason Jesus coming to earth to save us-and defeating Satan at the Cross-was all for the Glory of God-anyway, just a side note; I just didn't go that deep!

Stayed tuned for more David Crowder inspired pieces!

Peace

2 comments:

A J Doetkott said...

Hey sweets! Glad to see you're up and writing some. I'm sure it makes you feel good :)

Cute pic of you and Madz ;)

Love you millions, talk to you soon!

sojourner said...

The more we glorify God the more his light will shine through the darkness of this world!

I was just browsing through the Christian Blogs and ran accross yours. Keep in the word!