Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cucumbers

I ate a lot of cucumbers this summer. One of my friends gave me a ton of them from her garden. I figured the bloating was worth it all, because they must be packed with something! 

I couldn't remember, so I got my handy dandy book and found out:

Vitamin A-4%
Vitamin C-6%
Calcium and Iron-2%

So not much, but still something. Rated highest for Vitamin A-Sweet Potato!
                                                             Rated highest for Vitamin C-Broccoli!
                                                             Rated highest for Calcium-Broccoli again!
                                                             And for Iron- the Potato
This is just vegetables, not fruit.

Here's how I ate my cucumbers. I peeled the skin, and cut the slices into halves. I mixed them with:
1 T of Olive Oil
1-2 T of Ranch Dressing (I used Annie's Brand, buttermilk)
and quite a few shakes of 'Red Wine Vinegar'
and Salt and Pepper to taste

YUM

0 comments: