Tuesday, September 09, 2008

World Flag

I wonder if one exists? I need to google it or something to find out. I mean, I know (we), I live in America, and I am very privileged that God placed me where He did, I have SO much! I get the whole America thing and our freedoms here, and I understand that Soldiers give their lives for our Country (I probably don't appreciate that enough, because I can not comprehend it), but we live in the World, not just America. 


I say this with risk--the term 'God bless America' bothers me. What about 'God bless the World?'
I mean 'God Bless America' too, but also all the nations-the whole world! Why do we have to exclude ourselves in songs and anthems? I don't understand it. I personally don't feel "American", I don't feel separate from other countries. I feel like I don't want to even be labeled that I'm American, even though I know I am. But I would not say, " I am proud to be an American;" I would say, "I am proud to be loved and lavished on by the Almighty." " I am proud to be a disciple." 

I am not being Anti American--I just feel like because God created everyone--all ethnicities- the whole earth, that there should be more of an emphasis, or acknowledgement on that, not just America.
I don't even like when people say, "What race are you?" To me, there is only one race, "The Human Race."

I would like to think of myself as connected to ALL, because God created us all! I don't want to be labeled, I just want to be His daughter--His child---His beloved.  That's it.

OK-I need to go google "World Flag now", and you can bet if there is one, I'm getting one; and if there's not, I'm gonna figure out a way to make one and market it!

GOD BLESS THE WORLD


1 comments:

the new dont said...

Great thinkin' G. My boyfriend and I were just talking about the anthem last night. Not as in depth as you are here, but just "how can one song define our country" ? and why is it bad if we don't want to sing it?

I'm curious about your flag now... maybe try the United Nations...